Summer is not everyone’s favourite season, after all it creates havoc when it comes to taking care of our skin. With the weather changing, our skin requirements change too. During the hotter months, it gets all the more difficult to keep the skin soft, protected and glowing because of the harsh rays of the sun. Then there’s pollution and dirt to add to the trouble. While we may not be able to follow every beauty ritual necessary to protect our skin, an essential point to remember is to keep it well hydrated. This can be achieved by not just following a healthy lifestyle but also a basic beauty regime.
Here are 5 rituals you should include in your beauty regime to keep your skin healthy and glowing this summer:
1. Moisturise Your body loses a lot of moisture during summers. So, it is essential to hydrate your body every now and then. Experts will tell you that it is a must to drink 10-12 glasses of water and increase your fruit intake to keep yourself hydrated all day long. Doing so will show effect on your skin too. Other than that make sure to follow the ritual of cleansing, toning and moisturising at night before sleeping.
2. Cleanse and exfoliate Cleanse your face twice a day and scrub your skin two to three times a week to get rid of dirt and grime from deep within the pores. This is important or your skin won’t be able to benefit for the moisturising lotions and face masks you try to use.
3. Don’t forget sunscreen Use a sunscreen whenever you step out. This is crucial as sunscreen helps in shielding your skin from harmful UV radiations that bring about the early onset of skin ageing.
4. Stay low on makeup Sure, we all love to apply makeup but during summers you need to keep it low. To protect the skin’s natural glow, the most important thing is to stay away from heavy makeup and get into the habit of taking it off before sleeping to let the pores breathe.
5. Regular facials A staggering amount of pollution, dirt, grime, and dead skin accumulates on the face. This build up is an unavoidable fact of life. We can do the best we can to keep the skin clean, but it is not always enough. A regular facial will help to de-congest, relax and brighten your skin.
For the month of May, treat yourself to the BeautyLab Glyco Peel facial. A unique resurfacing treatment which combines Glycolic Acid and pomegranate enzyme for optimum effect, leading to a softer, smoother and brighter complexion.
Glycopeel focuses on deep cleaning and many level of exfoliation. Glycopeel is ideal as an Anti-ageing treatment working on sun-damage, pigmentation, premature ageing, but also works on dull, congested and acne prone skins.
Our Glycolic acid is available in three strengths 10%, 20% and 30% of which our therapist will select the correct treatment for you. Please be advised that anyone who has not experienced Glycopeel with Lift before will always start on 10%.
£10 off a Glyco Peel facial in May, and after your treatment receive 15% off a discovery Glyco set which includes 3 products for you to use at home to prolong the results of your facial.